Testosterone is the main male sex hormone synthesized and secreted by the testicles. It stimulates the growth and development of the male genitals and secondary sexual characteristics (maturation of the prostate, seminal vesicles, penis and scrotum), the distribution of male-type hair on the face, pubis, chest), the development of the larynx, body muscles and fat distribution. It retains nitrogen, sodium, potassium, and phosphorus, increases anabolism, and reduces protein catabolism. Premature increase in the concentration of testosterone in the blood plasma in the period before puberty causes the closure of the epiphyses and the suspension of growth. It stimulates the production of erythropoietin and red blood cells. By the mechanism of negative feedback, it suppresses the secretion of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones of the pituitary gland and suppresses spermatogenesis. In men with primary hypergonadotropic hypogonadism, the level of gonadotropins is normalized.
In men, testosterone enanthate is used in hormone replacement therapy for disorders associated with testosterone deficiency: - delayed puberty; - eunuchoidism, underdevelopment of the genitals; - endocrine impotence; - hypopituitarism; - symptoms of male menopause (decreased libido, mental and physical activity); - post-castration syndrome (androgen deficiency after castration); - osteoporosis caused by androgen deficiency.
In women, the indications for use are: - hyperestrogenia, functional bleeding; - uterine fibroids; - endometriosis; - menopause (in combination with estrogens); - breast cancer; - osteoporosis.
Method of application Dosage
- Testosterone enanthate is injected intramuscularly, deep into the gluteal muscle. The dosage regimen is selected individually, depending on the disease, gender, age and clinical effect.Adults are administered intramuscularly at 50-200 mg after 2-4 weeks.
- It is not recommended to exceed the dose of 400 mg per month. The duration of treatment is set individually.
- With hypogonadism in men in the form of eunuchoidism, the recommended dose is 50-400 mg every 2-4 weeks.
- With delayed puberty, 50-200 mg is used every 2-4 weeks 4-6 months.
- For breast cancer in women: 200-400 mg every 2-4 weeks.
- The drug can not be administered intravenously
|Active substance||Testosterone, Testosterone enantato|
|Active ingredient, mg||300|
|1 bottle, ml||10|
|Bottles in the package, pcs||1|
|Manufacturer||CYGNUS pharmaceuticals group|