The article is for informational purposes and is compiled according to the official instructions
What is Testosterone
Testosterone - the main male sex hormone, androgen, has pronounced anabolic properties: it increases muscle mass and accelerates protein synthesis. It is secreted by the Leydig cells of the testes in men, as well as in small quantities by the ovaries in women and the adrenal cortex in both sexes. It is a product of peripheral metabolism. Artificial testosterone preparations are very often used in bodybuilding.
Testosterone binds to androgen receptors and is a precursor of another biologically active adrogen, dihydrotestosterone, which is formed when testosterone is exposed to the enzyme 5α-reductase. Dihydrotestosterone has five times greater ability to bind to androgen receptors. Under the influence of these hormones, the receptor changes its structure and transmits a signal to the nucleus of the cell, where its androgenic effects are produced by altering the activity of certain genes in the DNA.
Also, testosterone can be converted into estrogens under the influence of aromatase. Predominantly estrogens, but not testosterone, activate the feedback loop through the hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis and inhibit endogenous testosterone secretion by the introduction of exogenous drugs.
Effects of testosterone
- Increased muscle mass;
- Testosterone is involved in the development of the male genitalia, secondary sexual characteristics: low voice, masculine facial features, male-pattern hair, and so on;
- Provides spermatogenesis and sexual behavior;
- Stimulates erythropoiesis and android distribution of subcutaneous fat;
- Influences nitrogen and phosphorus metabolism;
- In a 2017 study, testosterone was seen to have a protective effect against asthma in mice
- Increased blood pressure
- Hemoconcentration (blood clotting)
- Potential for blood clots in arterial and venous vessels.
- Water accumulation (edema)
- Aggression, irritability, agitation
- Alopecia (baldness of the scalp)
- Acne (acne)
2.Which manufacturers of drugs of category Testosterone are represented on the greatanabolicsteroids.com website?
Self-medication can be dangerous for your health. Information about the active substance is provided solely to familiarize themselves, so before use, refer to your doctor.
Do not engage in self-medication! It may be dangerous for your health!