The article is for informational purposes and is compiled according to the official instructions
Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid that can be formed in the human body after heavy or prolonged physical exertion or during pregnancy, and the concentration of its main metabolite 19-norandrosterone in the urine does not exceed a few nanograms per ml. Nandrolone is sold most commonly in the form of decanoate, less commonly in the form of phenylpropionate. Deca durabolin first appeared on the market in 1962 and has been one of the most popular steroids in recent decades, earning its reputation for its pronounced anabolic activity and relative low androgenic activity.
Structurally, nandrolone differs from testosterone in the absence of a carbon atom in the 19th position (hence the name 19-nortestosterone) and this makes it more similar to progestins. Due to its progestin nature, Retabolil exhibits significantly less androgenic effects compared to testosterone, but its interaction with progesterone receptors entails a number of side effects, which will be described below.
Another difference is that testosterone in the body is gradually converted by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase into a powerful androgen - dihydrotestosterone, which is responsible for the development of most of the side effects. Nandrolone, on the other hand, is converted by 5-alpha reductase to dihydronandrolone, an extremely weak androgen which has practically no effect on the body and causes no side effects. However, this can be one of the reasons for a decrease in libido during the course (due to a drop in blood androgen levels). It is worth adding that dihydronandrolone is sometimes included in some anabolic supplements, although it is not particularly useful.
- Anabolic activity is 150% of testosterone
- Androgenic activity-30% of testosterone
- Aromatization (conversion to estrogens) is minimal
- Liver toxicity - low
- Method of administration - injection
- Duration of action - 15 days (half-life - 7 days)
- Recommended dose - 50mg every 5 days (optimal-minimum)
- Time of detection - up to 18 months
- Testosterone suppression - high (due to progestin nature)
Effects of Nandrolone
- Expressed muscle growth (up to 8 kg of muscle mass can be gained in a single course with minimal backward phenomenon)
- Strengthened bones (formerly used in the treatment of osteoporosis) and ligaments (stimulates collagen synthesis)
- Elimination of joint pain through increased production of synovial fluid (joint lubricant)
- Increasing red blood cell mass, which translates into increased transport of oxygen. This results in greater endurance.
- Increasing the immune system (used even in people with AIDS).
- Conversion into estradiol without the aromatase enzyme.
- Improvement of intestinal absorption of amino acids and other beneficial substances
Nandrolone has a relatively low chance of side effects. As a result of its low androgenic activity, side effects such as acne, baldness, and body hair growth are virtually non-existent. Nevertheless, they are possible, as with any steroid, but in the case of nandrolone this only occurs when the recommended doses are exceeded by several times.
Retabolil has a very low level of conversion (occurring without aromatase) to estrogens, as studies have shown to be 5 times less than testosterone. The highest level of conversion occurs in the liver, while the main place where conversion occurs (adipose tissue) remains inaccessible to this process. Because of this, Deca Durabolin has no estrogen-related side effects (gynecomastia, fluid accumulation in the body). The estrogenic activity of the drug appears only at very high doses.
The above properties explain why Deca durabolin is one of the most popular anabolic steroids nowadays, even for men who want to gain muscle mass. In addition, it should be added that nandrolone causes virtually no rebound phenomenon.
Self-medication can be dangerous for your health. Information about the active substance is provided solely to familiarize themselves, so before use, refer to your doctor.
Do not engage in self-medication! It may be dangerous for your health!